Bring Yoga Into Your Life with The Yoga Life Club:
A 300 Hour/500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training and
Yoga Community for All Yogis (not just yoga teachers)
With Jill Blumenstock (and friends)
How can you bring more yoga into your life? What does it mean to live your yoga?
That is what the Yoga Life Club is all about. It is about learning how to live a yoga life! It is a fun way to learn about the many aspects of yoga and practice them together with the support of Jill and an amazing community. It is so great to have consistent support month in month out to grow as a person and as a yoga teacher. It will be like a yoga teacher training but more fun, less intense, and more steady, sweet growth- all at an affordable cost each month.
It’s also a great custom 300 Hour/500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training for those who are yoga teachers or who want to be teachers someday. All yogis are invited- not just yoga teachers. So invite your friends to join you!
There are two parts to the program
- Learn about a different aspect of yoga each month and put it into practice through courses and practice plans
- Support and guidance each month through Monthly Sharing Circles and an online community
Part 1: Learn about Yoga and Put it Into Practice
One Focus Per Month that We Explore Together: Each month, I will teach you about a different aspect of yoga. It may be a one hour or 2 hour class, a weekly class for 4-8 weeks, or a weekend course. We may read a yoga book one month, do a daily home practice challenge the next month, then learn about Ayurveda health habits the following month, then spend a month cultivating joy. Then, we will spend that month following a practice plan that gives you specific ways to slowly build that practice into your life. Then, you will learn how to share these yoga practices with others- as a yoga teacher, in your work, or for your family and friends. To teach it well, you need to embody it- hence practice comes first.
The monthly yoga topics and courses are chosen by Jill and the students in the program. Each quarter, the entire club meets and determines which yoga topics we want to study next. And at each monthly meeting, you can coordinate with the other students in the Yoga Life Club to schedule additional classes or small group sessions as needed.
You only have to pay for and take the classes that you want to take- no requirements or restrictions. Just grow at your own pace. Take only the courses that you are interested in whenever you feel ready to learn more.
Additional Classes and Mentoring are available and can be customized for you as needed: If there is an additional topic of yoga that you want to explore that month, you can schedule a one-on-one session or a small group session with Jill. If you’re a yoga teacher, this is a great way for you to get feedback and practice the skills that you want to work on each month. Or if you just need extra support that month, Jill can help you with your spiritual growth and give you guidance.
If you would like to schedule a mentoring session with Jill, email Jill directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some more adventures we may have:
- Regular Yoga Life Club get-togethers!!! There will be group meditations, group yoga practices, and chanting kirtans at Experience Yoga.
- Yoga book clubs and studying sacred texts
- Monthly Challenges
- Seasonal Ayurvedic Cleanses together
- Classes and practice plans for yoga teachers to develop and practice their teaching skills each month
- Yoga field trips or longer yoga retreats! Haven’t you always wished to have a group of yogis to go to workshops or yoga vacations with? Earn hours by going to other yoga events with Jill, such as workshops at Kripalu or in NYC. We are working on a Shadow Yoga field trip in the fall! How fun!
Here are some possible aspects of yoga and life that we may explore:
- Cultivating joy, peace, strength, courage, surrender, presence, mindfulness, etc
- The Yoga of Time: lifestyle planning, goal setting
- Sanskrit and chanting
- Indian Deities and Myths
- Yoga Philosophy and Reading Yoga-related Texts
- The Yamas and Niyamas
- The Energy Body: Chakras, Meridians, Reiki
- Restorative Yoga
- Yin Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Vedic Astrology
- And much more- anything you want to learn about and practice
Possible Topics for Yoga Teachers:
- How to teach everything we practice above
- Yoga Teacher Refresh weekends to practice your skills
- New Sequencing Techniques using the energy body or alignment
- How to Teach Impactful Themes
- How to teach Yoga Privates, Workshops, Retreats
- Hands on Adjustments
- Incorporating Essential Oils, Crystals, Massage, and Reiki into your classes
- The Yoga of Money and Marketing: Running your yoga business in an authentic way
- Yoga for Athletes and other special populations
- Yoga Therapeutic Techniques to care for a part of the body or to help certain conditions
- In depth Anatomy courses and understanding common injuries
- And much more- anything you want to learn about and practice
Part 2: Support and guidance each month through Monthly Sharing Circles and an online community
As you learn new things and put them into practice, you won’t be alone. You’ll be doing it together with Jill and a group of lovely yogis who support each other.
Monthly Sharing Circle once a month
- We will have a sharing circle once a month where will practice together and share our stories and experiences from the previous month. We will support each other as we grow. This path can be a hard one to walk alone.
- 2018 Dates for the Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circles: September 28, October 26, November 30
- 2019 Dates for the Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circles:
- February 1, March 1, April 5, May 3, June 7, August 9 (not the first weekend of the month), September 6, October 11 (not the first weekend of the month), November 1, December 6
Online Facebook Group
- For those who sign up for a full year of monthly meetings, there will be a Facebook group where we can keep in touch in between meetings and get support.
- There will also be regular live broadcasts with Jill where you can ask her questions about your yoga practice, your journey, and the topics we are studying this month.
For Yoga Teachers: 300 Hour/ 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
By taking courses and participating in the monthly meetings, yoga teachers can accumulate hours toward their 500 hour RYT certification with Yoga Alliance while getting their yearly continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance (Jill is a certified Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider). If you have taken Jill’s Yin Yoga Teacher Training or one of her Vedic Astrology classes, those hours can be counted towards your certificate! In addition to accumulating hours, there may be some additional requirements for those who want to receive their 500 hour RYT designation.
Note: This Yoga Teacher Training is not officially approved by Yoga Alliance yet. That will take place in 2018- well before you are able to graduate.
The Yoga Life Club 2018-2019 Schedule
Dates for the Monthly Sharing Circles
- These meetings will be every 4th Friday from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm with some exceptions to move around the holidays and Jill’s travel schedule.
- 2018 Dates for the Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circles: August 24, September 28, October 26, November 30
- 2019 Dates for the Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circles: February 1, March 1, April 5, May 3, June 7, August 9 (not the first weekend of the month), September 6, October 4, November 1, December 6
- Note: In 2019, they will be the first Friday of every month.
The Yoga Life Club Course Schedule
You can find an updated list on Experience Yoga’s Special Classes page. Please Note: the courses that specifically apply to the 500 hour training will say that in the description. Some classes that may be listed on this page are not part of the 500 hour curriculum.
Monthly Themes for The Yoga Life Club
- August and September: Myths and Practices related to the Gods and Goddesses of Yoga to Inspire Your Yoga Practice and Yoga Teaching.
- There will be two delicious One Day Retreats full of stories, wisdom, Yin Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, and Restorative Yoga (including one this Saturday about the Goddesses!).
- Plus for yoga teachers, I am teaching a class on how to teach impactful themes. We will focus on bringing myths, chants, mudras, and other practices related to the gods and goddesses into your classes.
- October: Ayurveda and Yoga for the Fall and Winter (to balance Vata). Learn how to take care of your health and happiness this Fall and Winter with Ayurveda.
- We will also do an Ayurvedic Fall Cleanse together as a group.
- November and December: Holiday Meditation Challenge. Focus on cultivating peace of mind during the holidays. This will be a great way to jump start a consistent, lifelong meditation practice.
- There will be opportunities to learn a wonderful form of Deep Meditation from Jill called Neelakantha Meditation.
- Plus, we will get together regularly for group meditations, where you can learn more about what yoga philosophy says about meditation and get support for your practice.
- January: How to Use Yoga to Start Your Year with Intention and Joy
- Start your year right on January 1, 2019 by discovering your word for the year and setting your intentions in Jill’s New Year’s Day Workshop.
- Join the Yoga Life Club as we reflect on the past year and set intentions for the new year using journaling and Jill’s Super Easy New Year Planning Routine. Learn yoga practices (such as chanting and yoga nidra) that will help you remove obstacles and manifest your dreams.
- Make 2019 Your Best Year Yet with Vedic Astrology: Friday, January 11th from 7 pm – 9 pm
- Learn about the biggest planetary shifts happening in the next year and what to focus on in the next year in this workshop. It is a great way to plan your year and make the most of 2019!
Yoga Life Club Courses by Month
- Yin Yoga and Acupressure: Saturday, September 15 from 5:30 pm-7:00 pm at Fitness Yoga Studios (this class is included in the Yin Yoga Teacher Training).
- One Day Yoga Retreat: Myths, Mudras, and Meditations Related to Gods to Inspire Your Yoga and Meditation Practice: Saturday, September 29 from 12 pm-6 pm at Experience Yoga
- Teaching Impactful Themes: Bringing Ancient Wisdom and Myths into Your Yoga Teaching: Sunday, September 30th from 12 pm-5:00 pm at Experience Yoga
- Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle and Introduction to Ayurveda for the Fall and Winter: Friday, September 28th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm at Experience Yoga
- Note: The Ayurveda for Fall workshop is included in the Yoga Life Club Sharing Circle annual fee, because it occurs during a Yoga Life Club Sharing Circle.
- How to do an Ayurvedic Cleanse with Kasey Young: Friday, October 5th from 7:30 pm-9:00pm at Experience Yoga
- Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle and Holiday Meditation Challenge Kickoff Meeting: Friday, October 26th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm at Experience Yoga
- Supporting Prenatal Yogis in Regular Yoga Classes with Trish McCarver: Saturday, October 27th from 12 pm-2 pm at Experience Yoga
- Deep Meditation Weekend: Learn Neelakantha Meditation with Jill Blumenstock: October 27,28 at Kathedral Event Center in Hammonton, NJ
- Space is limited. Contact Jill to reserve your spot if you are interested.
- Kids Yoga Teacher Training for 8-13 year olds with Next Generation Yoga with Joyce McNally: on November 2-4 at Experience Yoga
- Holiday/New Year Meditation Challenge Group Meditation: Sunday, November 18 7:30 pm-8:30 pm at Experience Yoga
- Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Friday, November 30th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm at Experience Yoga
- Holiday/New Year Meditation Challenge Group Meditation: Sunday, December 2nd 7:30 pm-8:30 pm at Experience Yoga
- New Year Yoga for Your Best Year Yet!!: Tuesday, January 1st from 12 pm- 2 pm at Experience Yoga (these hours don’t count towards the 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training, but will help you start your year right)
- End of Holiday Meditation Challenge Celebration and Free Talk: How Deep Meditation Can Lead to a More Fulfilling Life: Tuesday, January 1st from 2:30 pm-3:30 pm at Experience Yoga
- Make 2019 Your Best Year Ever with Vedic Astrology: Friday, January 11th from 7 pm-9 pm at Experience Yoga
- Deep Meditation Weekend: Learn Neelakantha Meditation with Jill Blumenstock: January 19,20 at Experience Yoga
- Space is limited. Contact Jill to reserve your spot if you are interested.
- Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Friday, February 1st from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm at Experience Yoga
- At this meeting, we will choose what to study this year, choose our monthly themes, and schedule workshops and retreats for the year. Definitely come if you want to have a say in the directions we go in!
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training: February 2,3 at Experience Yoga
- Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Friday, March 1st from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm at Experience Yoga
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training: March 29-31 and April 12-14 at Experience Yoga
- Yin Yoga for the Chakras: Friday, March 29th from 7:30 pm-9:00 pm at Experience Yoga
- Yin Yoga and Acupressure: Friday, April 12th from 7:30 pm-9:00 pm at Experience Yoga
- Next Generation Kids Yoga Teacher Training for ages 2-7 with Joyce McNally: May 3-5 at Experience Yoga
How to Join the Yoga Life Club
- Apply to the Yoga Life Club and pay the Application fee
- Fill out the application HERE. .
- Pay the application cost of $108. You can pay for it here: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=1255&stype=41&sTG=6&prodId=658 . This includes a one-on-one phone session with me to welcome you to the program and help you set goals for your yoga practice and study.
- Pay for the monthly sharing circles.
- The cost for the Monthly Sharing Circles is $25 per meeting or $199 for one year of meetings (a $50 savings).
- Click here to pay $199: http://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=1255&stype=41&prodid=705
- Click here to pay $25 for the next monthly meeting: http://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=1255&stype=41&prodid=706
- Come to the monthly meetings and start taking courses!
If you have any questions or would like to receive more information, such as a detailed course schedule, email Jill directly at email@example.com.