Bring Yoga Into Your Life with The Yoga Life Club:
A 300 Hour/500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training and
Yoga Community for All Yogis (not just yoga teachers)
With Jill Blumenstock (and friends)
How can you bring more yoga into your life? What does it mean to live your yoga?
That is what the Yoga Life Club is all about. It is about learning how to live a yoga life! It is a fun way to learn about the many aspects of yoga and practice them together with the support of Jill and an amazing community. It is so great to have consistent support month in month out to grow as a person and as a yoga teacher. It will be like a yoga teacher training but more fun, less intense, and more steady, sweet growth- all at an affordable cost each month.
It’s also a great custom 300 Hour/500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training for those who are yoga teachers or who want to be teachers someday. All yogis are invited- not just yoga teachers. So invite your friends to join you!
There are two parts to the program
- Learn about a different aspect of yoga each month and put it into practice through courses and practice plans
- Support and guidance each month through Monthly Sharing Circles and an online community
Part 1: Learn about Yoga and Put it Into Practice
One Focus Per Month that We Explore Together: Each month, I will teach you about a different aspect of yoga. It may be a one hour or 2 hour class, a weekly class for 4-8 weeks, or a weekend course. We may read a yoga book one month, do a daily home practice challenge the next month, then learn about Ayurveda health habits the following month, then spend a month cultivating joy. Then, we will spend that month following a practice plan that gives you specific ways to slowly build that practice into your life. Then, you will learn how to share these yoga practices with others- as a yoga teacher, in your work, or for your family and friends. To teach it well, you need to embody it- hence practice comes first.
The monthly yoga topics and courses are chosen by Jill and the students in the program. Each quarter, the entire club meets and determines which yoga topics we want to study next. And at each monthly meeting, you can coordinate with the other students in the Yoga Life Club to schedule additional classes or small group sessions as needed.
You only have to pay for and take the classes that you want to take- no requirements or restrictions. Just grow at your own pace. Take only the courses that you are interested in whenever you feel ready to learn more.
Additional Classes and Mentoring are available and can be customized for you as needed: If there is an additional topic of yoga that you want to explore that month, you can schedule a one-on-one session or a small group session with Jill. If you’re a yoga teacher, this is a great way for you to get feedback and practice the skills that you want to work on each month. Or if you just need extra support that month, Jill can help you with your spiritual growth and give you guidance.
If you would like to schedule a mentoring session with Jill, email Jill directly at email@example.com.
Here are some more adventures we may have:
- Regular Yoga Life Club get-togethers!!! There will be group meditations, group yoga practices, and chanting kirtans at Experience Yoga.
- Yoga book clubs and studying sacred texts
- Monthly Challenges
- Seasonal Ayurvedic Cleanses together
- Classes and practice plans for yoga teachers to develop and practice their teaching skills each month
- Yoga field trips or longer yoga retreats! Haven’t you always wished to have a group of yogis to go to workshops or yoga vacations with? Earn hours by going to other yoga events with Jill, such as workshops at Kripalu or in NYC. We are working on a Shadow Yoga field trip in the fall! How fun!
Here are some possible aspects of yoga and life that we may explore:
- Cultivating joy, peace, strength, courage, surrender, presence, mindfulness, etc
- The Yoga of Time: lifestyle planning, goal setting
- Sanskrit and chanting
- Indian Deities and Myths
- Yoga Philosophy and Reading Yoga-related Texts
- The Yamas and Niyamas
- The Energy Body: Chakras, Meridians, Reiki
- Restorative Yoga
- Yin Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Vedic Astrology
- And much more- anything you want to learn about and practice
Possible Topics for Yoga Teachers:
- How to teach everything we practice above
- Yoga Teacher Refresh weekends to practice your skills
- New Sequencing Techniques using the energy body or alignment
- How to Teach Impactful Themes
- How to teach Yoga Privates, Workshops, Retreats
- Hands on Adjustments
- Incorporating Essential Oils, Crystals, Massage, and Reiki into your classes
- The Yoga of Money and Marketing: Running your yoga business in an authentic way
- Yoga for Athletes and other special populations
- Yoga Therapeutic Techniques to care for a part of the body or to help certain conditions
- In depth Anatomy courses and understanding common injuries
- And much more- anything you want to learn about and practice
Part 2: Support and guidance each month through Monthly Sharing Circles and an online community
As you learn new things and put them into practice, you won’t be alone. You’ll be doing it together with Jill and a group of lovely yogis who support each other.
Monthly Sharing Circle once a month
- We will have a sharing circle once a month where will practice together and share our stories and experiences from the previous month. We will support each other as we grow. This path can be a hard one to walk alone.
- 2019 Dates for the Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circles:
- February 1, March 1, April 5, May 3, June 7, August 9 (not the first weekend of the month), September 6, October 11 (not the first weekend of the month), November 1, December 6
Online Facebook Group
- For those who sign up for a full year of monthly meetings, there will be a Facebook group where we can keep in touch in between meetings and get support.
- There will also be regular live broadcasts with Jill where you can ask her questions about your yoga practice, your journey, and the topics we are studying this month.
For Yoga Teachers: 300/500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
By taking courses and participating in the monthly meetings, yoga teachers can accumulate hours toward their 500 hour RYT certification with Yoga Alliance while getting their yearly continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance (Jill is a certified Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider). If you have taken Jill’s Yin Yoga Teacher Training or one of her Vedic Astrology classes, those hours can be counted towards your certificate! In addition to accumulating hours, there may be some additional requirements for those who want to receive their 500 hour RYT designation.
Note: This Yoga Teacher Training is not officially approved by Yoga Alliance yet. That will take place very soon- well before you are able to graduate.
The Yoga Life Club 2019 Schedule
Dates for the Monthly Sharing Circles
These meetings will be every 1st Friday of the month from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm with some exceptions to move around the holidays and Jill’s travel schedule.
- 2019 Dates for the Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circles: February 1, March 1, April 5, May 3, June 7, August 9 (not the first weekend of the month), September 6, October 4, November 1, December 6
The Yoga Life Club Course Schedule
You can find an updated list of many of these courses on Experience Yoga’s Special Classes page. Please Note: the courses that specifically apply to the 300/500 hour training will say that in the description. Some classes that may be listed on this page are not part of the 500 hour curriculum.
Upcoming Yoga Life Club Courses & Monthly Themes
- August Theme: Yoga for Creativity and Art
Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Friday, August 9th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
o We will introduce our theme and focus of our home practice for August and September: Yoga for Creativity and Art. We will learn yoga techniques that can boost creativity, which can keep your yoga classes fun and creative and add joy to your life. You can also apply these techniques to your artistic hobbies, like writing, drawing, painting, photography, etc. Then we will do a yoga practice that will help you boost your creativity.
• Yin Yoga Teacher Training: August 2,3,4 & August 16,17,18 at Fitness Yoga in Mullica Hill
• Yoga Life Club Retreat at Kripalu: August 23,24,25 (optional day- August 22)- email Jill to learn how to register.
- September Theme: Yoga for Creativity and Art
Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Friday, September 6th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
o We will continue to deepen our understanding and practice of our theme for August and September: Yoga for Creativity and Art, Getting Creative in our Yoga Teaching. You will learn more yoga techniques that can enrich your yoga classes and the artistic hobbies that add joy to your life, like writing, drawing, painting, photography, etc. Then, we will do another yoga practice to boost creativity.
- October Theme: Ayurveda for Fall
Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Friday, October 11th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
o You will learn about how to modify your yoga practice and your yoga teaching for the fall using Ayurveda. We will also discuss our annual Fall Ayurvedic Group Cleanse and ways to uplevel our Ayurveda health habits. We will end with a lovely yoga practice for the fall. The dates for the cleanse will be on October 12-20. I will be posting daily in the Facebook group to support you on those days. You don’t have to do all of the days- just pick a 3-7 day period within that window. If those days don’t work, you are welcome to do it later or earlier in the month.
- November Theme: Yoga Nidra
Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Friday, November 1st from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
o We will introduce the focus for our practice this November: Yoga Nidra- a powerful practice that can help us deeply relax and manifest our goals. Then, we will end with a lovely Yoga Nidra practice. And as always, there will be plenty of time for questions and support for your teaching, your practice, and your life.
Additional Trainings in November:
• Next Generation Kids Yoga Teacher Training ages 8-13 with Joyce McNally: November 1-3
• Yoga Nidra Teacher Training: November 9,10 & November 23,24
- December/January Theme: Philosophy: The Four Aims of Life
Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Friday, December 6th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
o We will introduce our theme for December and January: Philosophy: The Four Aims of Life (Dharma, Artha, Kama, Moksha). Then we will end with a yoga practice that will help us contemplate these philosophical principles and put them into practice. This is a great way to prepare to set our intentions for the New Year. You will also receive a copy of the end of the year/New Year ritual that we do during the last five days of the year. Come if you want to join us in that guided New Year exploration. And as always, there will be plenty of time for questions and support for your teaching, your practice, and your life.
Save the Date for These Wonderful Upcoming Trainings
• Join our group Fall Ayurvedic cleanse in October! To learn more, come to the Monthly Sharing Circle on Friday, October 11th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm.
• Next Generation Kids Yoga Teacher Training for ages 8-13 with Joyce McNally: November 1-3, 2019
• Yoga Nidra Teacher Training: November 9,10 & November 23,24
How to Join the Yoga Life Club
- Apply to the Yoga Life Club and pay the Application fee
- Fill out the application HERE. .
- Pay the application cost of $108. You can pay for it here: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=1255&stype=41&sTG=6&prodId=658 . This includes a one-on-one phone session with me to welcome you to the program and help you set goals for your yoga practice and study.
- Pay for the monthly sharing circles.
- The cost for the Monthly Sharing Circles is $25 per meeting or $199 for one year of meetings (a $50 savings).
- Click here to pay $199: http://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=1255&stype=41&prodid=705
- Click here to pay $25 for the next monthly meeting: http://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=1255&stype=41&prodid=706
- Come to the monthly meetings and start taking courses!
If you have any questions or would like to receive more information, such as a detailed course schedule, email Jill directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.