Bring Yoga Into Your Life with The Yoga Life Club:
A 300 Hour/500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training and
Yoga Community for All Yogis (not just yoga teachers)
With Jill Blumenstock (and friends)
How can you bring more yoga into your life? What does it mean to live your yoga?
That is what the Yoga Life Club is all about. It is about learning how to live a yoga life! It is a fun way to learn about the many aspects of yoga and practice them together with the support of Jill and an amazing community. It is so great to have consistent support month in month out to grow as a person and as a yoga teacher. It will be like a yoga teacher training but more fun, less intense, and more steady, sweet growth- all at an affordable cost each month.
It’s also a great custom 300 Hour/500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training for those who are yoga teachers or who want to be teachers someday. All yogis are invited- not just yoga teachers. So invite your friends to join you!
There are two parts to the program
- Learn about a different aspect of yoga each month and put it into practice through courses and practice plans
- Support and guidance each month through Monthly Sharing Circles and an online community
Part 1: Learn about Yoga and Put it Into Practice
One Focus Per Month that We Explore Together: Each month, I will teach you about a different aspect of yoga. It may be a one hour or 2 hour class, a weekly class for 4-8 weeks, or a weekend course. We may read a yoga book one month, do a daily home practice challenge the next month, then learn about Ayurveda health habits the following month, then spend a month cultivating joy. Then, we will spend that month following a practice plan that gives you specific ways to slowly build that practice into your life. Then, you will learn how to share these yoga practices with others- as a yoga teacher, in your work, or for your family and friends. To teach it well, you need to embody it- hence practice comes first.
The monthly yoga topics and courses are chosen by Jill and the students in the program. Each quarter, the entire club meets and determines which yoga topics we want to study next. And at each monthly meeting, you can coordinate with the other students in the Yoga Life Club to schedule additional classes or small group sessions as needed.
You only have to pay for and take the classes that you want to take- no requirements or restrictions. Just grow at your own pace. Take only the courses that you are interested in whenever you feel ready to learn more.
Additional Classes and Mentoring are available and can be customized for you as needed: If there is an additional topic of yoga that you want to explore that month, you can schedule a one-on-one session or a small group session with Jill. If you’re a yoga teacher, this is a great way for you to get feedback and practice the skills that you want to work on each month. Or if you just need extra support that month, Jill can help you with your spiritual growth and give you guidance.
If you would like to schedule a mentoring session with Jill, email Jill directly at email@example.com.
Here are some more adventures we may have:
- Regular Yoga Life Club get-togethers!!! There will be group meditations, group yoga practices, and chanting kirtans at Experience Yoga.
- Yoga book clubs and studying sacred texts
- Monthly Challenges
- Seasonal Ayurvedic Cleanses together
- Classes and practice plans for yoga teachers to develop and practice their teaching skills each month
- Yoga field trips or longer yoga retreats! Haven’t you always wished to have a group of yogis to go to workshops or yoga vacations with? Earn hours by going to other yoga events with Jill, such as workshops at Kripalu or in NYC. We are working on a Shadow Yoga field trip in the fall! How fun!
Here are some possible aspects of yoga and life that we may explore:
- Cultivating joy, peace, strength, courage, surrender, presence, mindfulness, etc
- The Yoga of Time: lifestyle planning, goal setting
- Sanskrit and chanting
- Indian Deities and Myths
- Yoga Philosophy and Reading Yoga-related Texts
- The Yamas and Niyamas
- The Energy Body: Chakras, Meridians, Reiki
- Restorative Yoga
- Yin Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Vedic Astrology
- And much more- anything you want to learn about and practice
Possible Topics for Yoga Teachers:
- How to teach everything we practice above
- Yoga Teacher Refresh weekends to practice your skills
- New Sequencing Techniques using the energy body or alignment
- How to Teach Impactful Themes
- How to teach Yoga Privates, Workshops, Retreats
- Hands on Adjustments
- Incorporating Essential Oils, Crystals, Massage, and Reiki into your classes
- The Yoga of Money and Marketing: Running your yoga business in an authentic way
- Yoga for Athletes and other special populations
- Yoga Therapeutic Techniques to care for a part of the body or to help certain conditions
- In depth Anatomy courses and understanding common injuries
- And much more- anything you want to learn about and practice
Part 2: Support and guidance each month through Monthly Sharing Circles and an online community
As you learn new things and put them into practice, you won’t be alone. You’ll be doing it together with Jill and a group of lovely yogis who support each other.
Monthly Sharing Circle once a month
We will have a sharing circle once a month where will practice together and share our stories and experiences from the previous month. We will support each other as we grow. This path can be a hard one to walk alone.
Online Facebook Group
- For those who sign up for a full year of monthly meetings, there will be a Facebook group where we can keep in touch in between meetings and get support.
- There will also be regular live broadcasts with Jill where you can ask her questions about your yoga practice, your journey, and the topics we are studying this month.
For Yoga Teachers: 300/500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
By taking courses and participating in the monthly meetings, yoga teachers can accumulate hours toward their 500 hour RYT certification with Yoga Alliance while getting their yearly continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance (Jill is a certified Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider). If you have taken Jill’s Yin Yoga Teacher Training or one of her Vedic Astrology classes, those hours can be counted towards your certificate! In addition to accumulating hours, there may be some additional requirements for those who want to receive their 500 hour RYT designation.
Note: This Yoga Teacher Training is not officially approved by Yoga Alliance yet. That will take place very soon- well before you are able to graduate.
The Yoga Life Club Schedule for 2020
Dates for the Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circles:
• They are usually the first Friday of every month (with some exceptions).
• 2020: April 3, May 1, June 5, August 7, September 11, October 9, October 30 (our November meeting), December 4
• 2021: January 29, March 12, April 9, May 7, June 4, August 6, September 10, October 1, October 29 (our November meeting), December 3
Yoga Life Club Courses by Month
All of the courses taught by Jill will count toward Yoga Alliance continuing education credits for yoga teachers and towards the 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training. Courses by others instructors will count towards the 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training.
Ongoing Offerings that are always an option
• If you are interested in learning the meditation that Jill practices and teaches (Neelakantha Meditation), contact Jill when you are ready. We can set up a way to do that privately over 2 days.
• More classes may be added at any time. If there is a topic that you would like to study this year that is not being covered, you can arrange a private one-on-one session with Jill to go over that topic. If other people are also interested in that topic, we could arrange a small group session with Jill, which would be a lower cost. Jill is also available for one-on-one mentoring.
• Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Beginning our Meditation Journey: Overview of the Many Styles of Meditation and How Meditation Works: Friday, May 1st from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
• Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Meditation that Gives You Access to Your Deepest Self: Mantra Meditation and Introduction to Neelakantha Meditation: Friday, June 5th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
o During our meeting, we will look into what the yoga texts say about meditation and how it leads to enlightenment and personal growth. I will also talk about the practice of Neelakantha Meditation and the mechanisms of how it works in such an effortless way to give us access to the deepest parts of ourselves and the intuition, knowledge, guidance, and our special talents that are there. This is a great way to see if you would like to learn how Neelakantha Meditation during our Deep Meditation weekend on June 27, 28 (email me for more information about it). We will end with a little chair yoga and a group Mantra Meditation.
• Deep Meditation Weekend: Learn Neelakantha Meditation: June 27,28 at Experience Yoga
o Saturday, June 27th from 12 pm-6 pm and Sunday, June 28th from 12 pm-5 pm
• Neelakantha Meditation Group Meditation (will be taught online or in person): Sunday, June 28th from 12 pm-1 pm at Experience Yoga
o This is for those who have learned Neelakantha Meditation only. It’s also free! Those people who have learned Neelakantha Meditation are welcome to stay until 5 pm and re-listen to the teachings about the theory of the practice.
• Next Generation Kids Yoga Teacher Training (ages 2-12) (will be taught online or in person): July 10-12 at Experience Yoga
• Creative & Smart Yoga Sequencing: Supporting a Variety of Students with Laura Bonanni: July 18,19
• Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Yoga Practices that Make Meditation Easier (a Yin Yoga and Group Meditation practice): Friday, August 7th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
o During our meeting, we will look into what yoga practices and techniques make meditation easier and how to prepare our students for meditation. We will also go over how to align the body while doing seated meditation to prevent discomfort. We will end with some Yin Yoga and a Group Meditation.
• Yoga Life Club At Home Retreat: August 22,23
o August 22: Yoga Retreat: 500 Hour Students teach one of their final classes during a full day of yoga practice including many styles
o August 23: Meditation Mandala: a One Day Meditation Retreat: Releasing What Holds Us Back: Sunday, August 23rd from 12 pm-6 pm at Experience Yoga
This is for those who have learned Neelakantha Meditation only
o Come to both days to get a two day at home retreat!!!
• Yin Yoga Teacher Training: August 28,29,20 and September 19,20 at Fitness Yoga
• Yin Yoga for the Chakras: Friday, August 28th from 7:30 pm-9:00 pm at Fitness Yoga
• Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Meditation Using Sound: Listening Meditation and Mantra Meditation (a Restorative Yoga and Group Meditation practice): Friday, September 11th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
o During our meeting, we will learn about how to use sound and chanting to help with meditation as well as learning meditation techniques that involve meditating on sound, such as Listening Meditation and Mantra Meditation. We will end with some Restorative Yoga and a Group Meditation.
• Introduction to Sanskrit with Erik Marrero: September 12,13 at Experience Yoga
• Yin Yoga and Acupressure: Saturday, September 19th from 5:30 pm-7:00 pm at Fitness Yoga
• Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Meditation to Sharpen the Mind: Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation with guest teacher Rose Phillips and Introduction to Our Fall Group Cleanse: Friday, October 9th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
o During our meeting, we will have a guest teacher! Rose Phillips will teach us about Mindfulness Meditation and its powerful effect on the mind and how we perceive life. We will also prepare for and go over details about our Fall Ayurvedic Cleanse.
• Yoga Teacher Tune-Up: Hands-on Adjustments Training: October 3,4 at Experience Yoga
• Meditation Teacher Training with Rose Phillips: October 24, November 7, November 21 from 12 pm-5 pm
• Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Meditations for the Emotions: Meditations to Build Compassion and How to Work with Our Emotions in Meditation (our November Meeting): Friday, October 30th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
o During this meeting, we will talk about strategies for meeting and releasing emotions during meditation and what the ancient yoga texts say about what to do with your emotions. We will also learn and practice meditations that helps us cultivate positive feelings, such as Lovingkindness Meditation and Forgiveness Meditation. We will end with a lovely practice of Sun Salutations that weaves in Lovingkindness meditation into it.
• Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Guided Visualization Meditation: Visualizing Your Dreams for the New Year: Friday, December 4th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
o During this meeting, we will practice various guided visualization meditations to help us tap into our intuition, receive guidance, and make our goals come true. This will help us dream up our goals for the New Year. We will end class with a practice of Yoga Nidra.
• Meditation Mandala: a One Day Meditation Retreat: Celebrating and Setting Intentions from the Deepest Heart: Saturday, December 5th from 12 pm-6 pm at Fitness Yoga in Mullica Hill, NJ
o This is for those who have learned Neelakantha Meditation only. We will cover different information and practices than the August Meditation Mandala.
• Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Planning Our Year Together and Group Meditation: Friday, January 29th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
o At this meeting, we will choose what to study this year, choose our monthly themes, and schedule workshops and retreats for the year. Definitely come if you want to have a say in the directions we go in! We will end class with a group meditation to help us with our vision for the year.
• Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Meditation in Action: Walking Meditation and Making Any Activity into a Meditation: Friday, March 12th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
o During this meeting, we will explore how to bring meditation into our everyday activities and our yoga practice to make each moment of our life richer. We will end class with a practice of Walking Meditation.
• Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Ayurveda: Building Radiant Health with Prana, Tejas, Ojas and Introduction to our Spring Group Cleanse: Friday, April 9th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
o During this meeting, we will learn about the subtle forms of the three doshas: Prana, Tejas, Ojas and how cultivating them leads to vibrant well-being in the body and mind. We will discover ways we can build these vital essences in the body. We will also prepare for and go over details about our Spring Ayurvedic Cleanse.
• Yoga Life Club Monthly Sharing Circle: Contemplative Meditations: Using Meditation to Study Texts and Gain Wisdom, Insight, and Guidance: Friday, May 7th from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
o Study and practice go hand in hand. Studying yogic texts helps us cultivate the intellectual knowledge that helps u
How to Join the Yoga Life Club
- Apply to the Yoga Life Club and pay the Application fee
- Fill out the application HERE. .
- Pay the application cost of $108. You can pay for it here: . This includes a one-on-one phone session with me to welcome you to the program and help you set goals for your yoga practice and study.
- Pay for the monthly sharing circles.
- The cost for the Monthly Sharing Circles is $25 per meeting or $199 for one year of meetings (a $50 savings).
- Click here to pay $199:
- Click here to pay $25 for the next monthly meeting:
- Come to the monthly meetings and start taking courses!
If you have any questions or would like to receive more information, such as a detailed course schedule, email Jill directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.